Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Catching up with pictures...

On my birthday, Todd helped the kids make a chocolate cake for me!!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Whoa!
Photobucket

Chief taste testers!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Aren't they just ridiculously gorgeous??!! :D
Photobucket

Then, we played with some dominoes for a bit. Luken has been asking for some for a while, and I had bought a tub of them as a calm-ish post-surgery activity. We had lots of fun!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Keeley, sulking about something - Luken probably didn't want her to knock his dominoes over!
Photobucket

This was my creation.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Daddy knocked it down so I could watch Luken's reaction! :D
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Time to decorate the cake!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sneaking another taste!
Photobucket

Photobucket

This is so much fun!!
Photobucket

We must add sprinkles.
Photobucket

Then we must taste test the sprinkles!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My sweeties posing with their creation!
Photobucket

Photobucket

The finished product. It is supposed to be my face! :)
Photobucket

Happy Birthday to yo---, erm.... ME!! :D
Photobucket

Later in the week, the kids and I spent some time outside. I was attempting some potty training with Keeley (which did not go well... we will try again another day). The kids were collecting things throughout the yard and inspecting them, and then drawing in their "Observation Journals" - a la Sid the Science Kid.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Luken drew this leaf! I think it's brilliant!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Keeley in her Princess panties, hee hee!
Photobucket

Luken captured an ant in his bug jar!
Photobucket

Another award-worthy drawing!
Photobucket

More Keeley - I hope she doesn't hate me for this one some day.
Photobucket

Contemplative...
Photobucket

And mischievous!!
Photobucket

That's all I've got for now!

2 comments:

Mama Red said...

cute! i love the mid-air domino.

Kandice said...

What a great birthday. A happy face cake is the BEST cake ever.