Friday, September 28, 2007

A heart-warming event!

In the evening on the 22nd, we went to a charity event for research initiatives in the area of pediatric congenital heart defects. The daughter of one of my friends was born with a heart defect, so we made a big playdate out of the event with some other friends. There were lots of fun things for kids to do there!

First, Luken got his face painted. Todd waited in line with him for a bit, and when it was Luken's turn, he wanted to back out, but we convinced him it would be really neat! He picked out a fancy SNAKE!

Getting painted:


Some detail work:


Checking himself out in the mirror - one cool dude! :D


Luken and Daddy!


There were many bounce houses and slides. Here is is coming down a slide!


Just a cute close-up:


This is the little girl I was referring to, Vivien. Here she is on the Euro Bounce, with her Daddy in the background. This is one of my most favorite photos ever!! :D
In silhouette:


Luken was convinced by how much fun Vivien had bouncing, so he gave it a go! More waiting in line, then wanting to back out, but we convinced him, and he LOVED it!!


Wheeee!


Up in the sky!


This is so much fun!!


Yeeeeehaw!


Ms. Keeley was strapped to my back the whole time. This was just days after her Croup diagnosis, and I didn't want her to infect any other kids. She doesn't look too thrilled in this photo, but it was at the end of the day - she really liked looking around at everyone! I just wanted proof that she and I were actually there! :P


On our way home, we saw a most extraordinary sunset, and though I knew I couldn't do it justice in a moving car and through the windsheild, I took a few shots anyway...



1 comment:

Detroit said...

I love his expressions on the jump/swing! You can tell he was having a blast!