Monday, July 23, 2007

Keeley's a Weanie!

Well, I think it's official - we are done nursing! We had been down to just a morning session for a couple of weeks, though I'm certain she wasn't getting but a few drops. The last time Keeley nursed was the morning we left on our trip to Hilton Head, which was July 12. I didn't offer while we were out of town, and she didn't ask for it, so I haven't offered since. No trauma for her, and no discomfort for me - I think since I wasn't producing much, I had no trouble drying up altogether. A nice bonus, as I felt pretty sensitive and uncomfortable for about 2 weeks after Luken's last nursing session.

So, we can officially call it 14 months. I'm pretty darn happy with that! There were times I was ready to throw in the towel much earlier, but the little princess wouldn't take a bottle so I was stuck. I feared I'd be nursing her forever! She does wonderfully with her Nuby cup filled with whole milk now, yay!

Just wanted to mark the milestone...

No comments: