Friday, May 21, 2010

Guess who's FOUR??

Yes, *sniff, sniff*, our baby girl has turned FOUR!
Happy Birthday, Keeley! (May 9)

Her birthday fell on Mother's Day this year, and I couldn't be happier to double up on celebration with my beautiful daughter!! <3

We started the day with breakfast in bed, prepared largely by Luken, with direction from Todd. They brought breakfast in on trays (pancakes, fruit, whipped cream, and OJ!)
Keeley LOVED having B-I-B, and it was so fun to see Luken so proud of himself for providing it! <3

A bit later, Keeley opened up her gift from Grandma and Grandpa, which was a Cinderella castle filled with princesses and princes and fun stuff like that, and she played and played. I don't know why I don't have a picture of that.

Oh, wait, I do know... I spent a large portion of the day finishing her CAKE! Pictures to come below...

It was a weirdly cold and dreary day, so I wasn't able to send the kiddos outside like I had planned. I got hula hoops (or, 'hulie hoops,' as Keeley calls them, taught by Charlie and Lola) for both kids, but only Luken would brave outside, and only for a little bit. Here he is attempting to hoop!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Sooooo..... here is the CAKE!
Keeley had requested a ballerina cake, and I got some great inspiration online that led to this! I was fairly happy with how it turned out, considering I made everything up. :D
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The decorations, save the writing, are entirely made from fondant. I made the tutu and flowers the day before, so they could dry and harden. They were painted with edible pearlescent powder mixed with vanilla, and sprinkled with edible sparkly stuff. VERY pink and girlie! She was thrilled! <3

In the afternoon, we had her friend, Hailey, over, with her mom and dad, Nina and Ryan. The girls played, and Nina and I worked on a craft that had been intended as Mommies and Daughters to do, but the girls got bored and went off to play. Nina and I made flowery flip-flops for the girls! :)
Photobucket

They turned out pretty cute, and the girls seemed to like them.
Photobucket

More presents later!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I didn't snap a ton of photos, and I know I don't have a picture of the super-cute dress from Grandpa and Gram, but it will be shown in a future blog post!! :)

We had a nice dinner with our friends, and then it was cake time!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was a nice, low-key birthday celebration! Keeley gets overwhelmed in a large bunch, so it was perfect for her to have her best friend over!

We are excited to have a four-year-old girl. It's such a fun stage - girly and sweet!!

No comments: