Saturday, November 8, 2008

Snakesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!

Beth, you are hereby dismissed from reading this post! ;)

The Museum of Science and Nature had a reptile exhibit last weekend, and I took the kids down there to check it out. After octopuses and sea animals, Luken loves snakes best! :D Keeley actually likes them a bunch, too!

Photobucket

Photobucket

This picture is actually kind of horrible, but I LOVED the look on Keeley's face!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Keeley REALLY wanted to hold a snake, and was mighty pissed off anytime someone suggested she merely pet one, yet she'd squeal and drop one if she actually held one, so I had to hold on to this snake while she "held" it.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We missed a lecture, but managed to get first in line when they brought out this big guy!
Photobucket

Then we met this big tortoise, who is 14 years old and over 100 pounds!! Keeley made a friend and they got down on their tummies to get a closer look.
Photobucket

Photobucket

It was a really neat exhibit! There were also a lot of cute crafts for the kids to do, and visiting with all the reptiles was very cool! I can't believe how brave I was - holding snakes like it was no big deal! ;)

2 comments:

Detroit said...

lol - i had to laugh at your last comment about being brave because I was thinking the same thing when I saw the picture of you helping Keeley. Such a cool opportunity - I love how your kiddos love nature like that.

Shelley said...

What brave kids you have! Olivia wouldn't have gone within 10 feet of one of those things! Nor would I, so I am very impressed by your bravery! :) But what a fun exhibit, the turtle would have been right up our alley!!!