Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Luken's first day of preschool!

Tuesday was Luken's first day at his new preschool, and it all went very well! Keeley and I walked him in, and he went right for his cubby and put his backpack away (we had attended the meet-the-teacher function last week, so he knew where his cubby was.) Then, after washing his hands, he got to choose between doing puzzles or Play-Doh. He chose the Play-Doh!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was a fairly quick drop-off, and then we had to ske-daddle, so I didn't get to take too many pictures. Oh, well! :P

We had our first carpool experience at pick-up, and it went smoothly! I asked Luken about his day, but he didn't have much to say. I asked him if he made any friends, and he said he made friends with a girl named Nicole who had a ponytail! They played kitchen, but there were too many kids there. Outside, he showed his new classmates his "spin-jump" and played in the sand. And apparently they had two snacks - graham crackers, and also pancakes with syrup and whipped cream and sprinkles. He couldn't remember anyone else's name, including his two teachers, but hopefully he will learn them soon!

So far he loves it there - hopefully that won't change!

Once we got home, we just played around for a bit, so I snapped a few more pictures.

Here's Luken's new shirt that I got him for his first day of school:
Photobucket
He wanted to wear it again today - I guess he likes it! :D
On Thursday he will wear the school t-shirt, for their weekly "spirit" day.

Goofy guy:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Keeley, sporting a new bow (she and I had gone to Target while Luken was in school.)
Photobucket

Isn't she so purty?? :)
Photobucket

She's a fire fighter, too!
Photobucket

Coming after Mommy - oh, no!
Photobucket

Playing with her Barbie:
Photobucket

Sweet boy!
Photobucket

Though I always thought he'd make such a pretty girl! ;)
Photobucket

Tongue wagger (yes, wearing a different bow, ha!)
Photobucket

2 comments:

Shelley said...

I'm so glad Luken had a good first day and liked his new school! I'm sure he'll have many more fun days ahead of him!!!!

Susan said...

Glad he had a good day at school. I LOVE the octopus shirt. That's rock n roll baby!