Monday, August 24, 2009

Officially a Kindergartner!!

Oh my goodness!! My baby boy is in SCHOOL! Honest-to-goodness big-boy school!!!

We met Luken's teacher, Ms. H, on Friday evening. It was exciting to see his new classroom and all the new friends he'll meet! We did see a few friends we'd played with over the summer in his class, so he already has a head start on that - woohoo!!

This morning, Luken was up bright and early. He got dressed and ran downstairs, as excited as he could be! Once he was all ready, I took him out front for a few photos. :D

Here he is with his Lovey and his Stripey:


His first homework assignment was to decorate this to represent himself, and the class will be using them today to get to know one another.
Here is "Luken." Blue eyes, brown hair, striped shirt, and his new sandals!!
I took photos of Lovey and Stripey, and he cut them out and glued them on the hands. I think it turned out so cute!!


Look at this big kiddo!!


Sweet boy.


I think at least a few little girls are going to have Kindergarten crushes on this handsome dude!


Backpack... check!


Here he is in front of the school.


And with Mommy (who does not photograph well at 7:30am, ha!)


Inside, with his teacher, Ms. H!!


And, saying goodbye to Daddy!


It is quiet here... Keeley is watching a show while I blog. It is kind of nice, but we sure do miss Luken! I can't wait to pick him up and hear all about his day!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

We are so proud of him!!!

-Kelly & Bebe

Mama Red said...

What a cutie pie! I love his assignment. So clever!!

Marci said...

Awww, he looks sooo excited, and very handsome! I didn't even THINK to get pics of me and Michael with her! Ohwell. Did you cry??? I did.

Valerie said...

Happy first day of school Luken!

I love his homework assignment, good job.

Susan said...

Great pictures of a beautiful boy :) He looks like you in these!

Unknown said...

Oh wow! What a big event! Such a sweetie! - Tiff

Chrystyna said...

How cute! I hope he enjoyed his first day of school :)

Kim said...

Way to go Luken! I loved the self portrait - it came out great. Hope day 2 goes just as well!