Monday, March 31, 2008

Just another normal day around here.

You know, laundry, picking up clutter, keeping the kids from inflicting too much bodily harm upon one another, taking cover while a tornado tries really hard to form practically above your house.

Yep, it's spring in Texas. Sometimes it can be a wild ride.

This afternoon, suddenly it started raining really hard, then I heard loud pings. Quarter-sized hail was falling. The largest I've seen here! The one downside to DirecTV is the disappearing signal in this kind of weather. Also, I had the laptop all tied up burning backup DVD's (I haven't backed up since Christmas!!) Fortunately, my next-door neighbor, Kelli, called to tell me the tornado sirens were on and the news stations were reporting rotation nearby. The kids and I hung out in the under-stairs closet for a bit. I think this is the first time we've officially taken cover since we moved into this house!

It was a fast-moving storm, so it was over quickly. Then the sun came back out and you'd have never known the weather had been that nasty only a few minutes before! No tornado actually formed, thank goodness!!

1 comment:

Dawn Endres said...

I saw the pictures on t.v. It looked scary. Glad nothing formed and all is well. Crazy weather.....