Thursday, March 6, 2008

It's March...

And, in March, in Texas, the first thing that comes to mind is snow, right? :D

How about a snow day, followed by a 70º day, followed by a blizzard day?! Sure, that's just how we roll here, haha!

Luken went to his MDO in the morning, and Keeley and I went to the mall with some friends. On our way home, naturally, my gas tank was on E, so I HAD to get gas in this lovely weather. :(
Once we arrived home, the blizzard of '08 was in full force. Here are the kiddos gazing out at the backyard.





This is a house across the street, as seen from our front porch. Can you tell how amazingly LARGE the snowflakes are? I swear, some of them were as big as my hand. I've never seen such enormous snowflakes before!!! :D


Luken's artistic interpretation of the snow storm. I think it's pretty cool!


Daddy called to check in, and told us he'd be leaving work early - hooray!


An hour and 40 minutes later, Todd was home! (It's usually a 45 minute drive.)
He was ready to go outside with the kids and have some fun, so 20 minutes of major bundling-up later, we were having a blast! Well, Keeley took a few minutes to warm up to the concept, but she got there! :P


Looking up our street...

Daddy building a snowman!


Our house!


This plant is in our next-door neighbor's yard. I loved the way it looked covered in the snow!


You've seen Jacob appear in past blogs. He lives next door (in the house with the plant in the previous picture!) His mom, Kelli, LOVES snow! I'm not sure who I was more excited for - the kids or HER! :D


Daddy throwing a snowball at Luken.


Luken, preparing for the retaliation!


Gotcha!


Hey, that's not fair! I'm putting Keeley's mitten back on - for the 12-millionth time! :D


Getting lost in a multitude of hats!


Beady-eyed snowman. (I think Todd made his eyes with juice from some berries growing in our front yard! :D)


Here's Ethan! He's Jacob's little brother. Ethan has been a little under the weather, so he only got to peek out at the snow for a couple of minutes. Isn't he adorable?


Such a little sweetie!


Luken and Jacob. (And an obscured Keeley!)


Checking something out with his beautiful blues...





Brother and sister.... awwwwww!


Luken demolished the snowman for some strange reason!


Daddy, practicing his snowball-throwing technique!


Oh, how quickly things go from this....


... to this...


... to total meltdown!
Apparently Jacob was standing in the way of Luken's view of Daddy throwing snowballs. Or something like that! :P


Sharing snowballs with Keeley.





Isn't she beautiful???!!!


Brrrr! It's very cold out here. How 'bout we head in for some hot chocolate?


Lots of whipped cream for Luken!


And a straw?


Jacob is quite a ham!



But he so graciously gave me one genuine smile - what a handsome kid he is!


The little sibs wanted in on the fun, but I didn't think they'd do so well with mugs of hot chocolate, so I filled some little Dixie cups up with whipped cream.
At first it looked yummy...





But I don't think Ethan really liked it all that much! :D


Keeley liked hers long enough to give me the photo opportunity! What a good girl. ;)




.
It was fun, but I'm so glad it's supposed to be 70º again later in the week! :P

5 comments:

Dawn Endres said...

Wow! You all got a lot of snow! We just got enough to barely cover the ground. LOL! I can't wait for SPRINg!

Detroit said...

That weather is crazy!!! And then warm 70 degree weather afterwards?! What a trip. I imagine it must be so much fun though...there is one picture where the kiddos are looking at the snow from inside but it looks like Keeley is trying to catch flakes with her tongue from inside...too cute.

Shannon said...

Looks like so much fun! I think you guys got even more than we did and you're not even that far from us.

Chelsea said...

What a FUN day!
I lvoe all the pics. Y'all got WAY more snow than we did.

Kandice said...

I love these.