Tuesday, January 20, 2009

$4 Fun!

This afternoon I stopped in at the grocery store to pick up a few items, and browsed the offerings at the sushi station to find some lunch for myself (which I did - a box of California rolls, yum!)

I noticed a tub of teeny tiny baby octopuses in some sort of sesame sauce, and just KNEW I had to get them for Luken. They were just under $4, which was great. He is always asking for some of the octopus in the seafood case, which is $18/pound, and I'm certain he wouldn't actually EAT any. And I doubt I'd get enough of it for $4 to be very fun to play with.

Anyway, I surprised Luken with my find after his quiet time, and had the camera out and ready to go before he knew what hit him! :D

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hmmm... these are kind of slimy, Mom!
Photobucket

Photobucket

OK, I'll try one... I'll just lick it!
Photobucket

He declared it gross!

So, I offered to rinse them off so he could just play.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Suddenly, he launched into some Wall-e story, haha! He was very animated!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Back to octopus play...
Photobucket

Photobucket

During all of this, I had the TV on, which was showing Obama inauguration coverage.
Photobucket
I said to Luken, "Do you see that man? He is our new President!"
He thought that was very cool. I had him repeat "President Obama."
He asked, "What was the old President's name?"
I told him, "George Bush."
He said, "That's a cool name! I like THAT name!" :P Silly boy!

Then he started telling stories about a little octopus who was cold.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

These octopuses are stinky!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Well, I guess it was more of a science experiment than a snack. He decided to eat some Golfish. Ha!
Photobucket

7 comments:

Mama Red said...

I can't decide if I'm grossed out by that or if it's cute. But I definitely know that Luken is cute.

Unknown said...

Oh how fun! I just love to see how creative my friends are:) swoon! Luken's different faces are hysterical.

Shelley said...

I can't imagine anyone eating those...UCK! But what a fun thing to play with!

Anonymous said...

WOW! How cool is this! You are the coolest mom ever I swear! I have never seen octopusses in little tubs like this! Luken is so adorable and your photography always blows me away! I wish I had your skills!!! :)

~Amy said...

Very cool for Luken, but yeah, kind of gross! But hey, all that matters is he loved them, right! :)

Detroit said...

What a great learning opportunity especially when he has such interest in the little guys! I wouldn't eat them either! ;o)

Kandice said...

That is so much fun. Awesome find Rebecca.