Monday, May 19, 2008

Solo Mommy Trip!

For the very first time since having kids, I got away for the weekend without Todd OR the kids! I attended a photography workshop in east Texas. Unfortunately, the workshop was awful. :( I didn't learn anything I didn't already know - it was, as my fellow attendee and friend, Julie, noted "a second rate recap of the class we already took." *sigh*

So, although the workshop itself was a giant waste of time, I still had fun with Julie and another friend, Darlene, in a quaint little town, and took a few shots I am at least mildly proud of. Too bad I didn't get ANY feedback or constructive criticism from the instructor. So, if you have any, leave a comment! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


While we were out on Sunday morning, we ventured to the other side of the railroad tracks to look at the stuff outside the antique store. Then the train came, which was cool, but loud. Then it stopped. Right there in front of us, blocking our path back to the hotel! Fortunately it only stopped for about 5 minutes, presumably to let another train pass! We entertained ourselves by phographing some of the items, and a local cat.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I saved this one for last, as it was Julie's favorite! There was a pack of bikers in the town, and I thought this reflection was neat!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh!! Awesome pics Rebecca!!!! I just love watching your talent bloom! Looks like a happenin little town! hehe!

Rhonda Duron said...

Great photos! Nice that you got away, but sorry it was a bad class. I do like them all and love the first and last!

Dawn Endres said...

How nice to get away!

I love them all especially the Railroad track ones.

The motorcycle one is pretty cool with the reflection.

Mama Red said...

You got some great pics! Sorry the class was a dud, though.