Sunday, April 27, 2008

Fair Park with new friends!

In my quest to improve my photography, I've joined a world-wide message board all about photography. Occasionally, members who live in the same region will meet up for friendship and photos, so I was very brave and joined in on one in my area. (To be fair, though, I already knew one of the women and her 2 sons from my local Mommy message board, so it wasn't too terribly scary.)

We met at Fair Park and basically just followed all of our children around. (It was just moms, and it was on a weekday, so we had a nice, casual vibe going on!)

I took a BUNCH of photos, of course, so I will just share a few of my favorites:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Boys enthralled by bugs.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Keeley, helped by the counterweight of some of my equipment stashed underneath, found her stroller to be a wonderful gymnastics contraption!
Photobucket

Wheeeee!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My favorite of the day, though I wish she hadn't been framed by the stroller.
Photobucket

A little girl and her puppy!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Keeley decided to walk through the flowers to get back to Mommy.
Photobucket

Stopping to try and pick one!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Such sweet siblings!
Photobucket

Playing on a giant elephant statue!
Photobucket


And my personal favorite photo of the day was taken by my new friend Rhonda (<-- click for link to her website.) She captured these two just perfectly, and I just LOVE it!! :D
Photobucket
She also put Keeley on the front page of her website and and in a few of her galleries! How cool is THAT??!!

So, it was a great meet-up and I'm so excited to have met some new friends!

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Those pictures are great, such beautiful kiddos!!! And the carnival looked like a lot of fun! I am bummed we didn't get to go, Olivia would have had a blast! She keeps asking when we can go back to the fair! :)

Chelsea said...

Beautiful, as always!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a blast - the pics really turned out nice. Rhonda's pics are great too. She really nails it with regard to Keeley's soulful eyes.

Dawn Endres said...

Looks like the kids had fun!